Friday, March 8, 2013

Guerlain Blush G Sakura - Cherry Blossom Blush

When I saw pictures of the Asia exclusive Guerlain Blush G Sakura - Cherry Blossom Blush, I really really fell in love with it. Everything from the design to the colours are just calling out to me. We are not sure when will it be launched over the counters except that it will be in March, thus when 1 of my friend is going for a business trip, I troubled him to help check out Changi Airport Duty Free to see if it is available for sale and it is!!


Guerlain Blush G Sakura consist of 4 shades: a pink coral, white, bright fuchsia pink and light muted pink.


The blush is housed in a white plastic case and comes with a grey velvet pouch. A pink brush comes along with it and is kept in the space beneath the blush pan.

Similar to Guerlain meteorites, Blush G Sakura has a light flowery scent as well. I am not someone who is bothered with scent so it's pretty all right with me. For ladies who dislike scent in their products, you might want to take note.

I am satisfied with the appearance of the blush (shade and case) and even the scent but let's just say the excitement ends there. From the swatch below, you can tell how disappointing the pigmentation is. Plain plain light and believe me when I really tried my best to get it to appear on my arm. Using both my finger or the brush that comes with it, both doesn't really work.
Swatch in the same sequence of appearance in the pan

The white shade does not really appear well in the picture and is almost non existent. The bright fuchsia pink is a total b*t*h (please pardon my language) because it is just so hard to swatch it. Among the 4 shades, the white and bright fuchsia pink is very very very (x 1 zillion) hard to swatch. The texture is hard and dry and just doesn't work for me.

Surprisingly the 1st shade in the pan (pink coral) and last shade in the pan (muted pink) appears to be more pigmented. But the texture is dry and powdery.

I tried using my MAC 129 brush to pick up the pigments by swirling around the pan to mix all the shades up, it does seem more optimistic. When applied on the cheeks, it gives a light pink subtle glow, which seems to work better for me as a highlighter or layering with other blush.

Guerlain Blush G Sakura is retailing for $75.50 at Changi Airport Duty Free and I'm not sure how much it would be over the counters. I would recommend you checking out the blush in person and determine if you still want to purchase it. It will be a good idea for you to ask the SA use a brush and try it out on your cheeks before deciding to go for it or not.

10 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over how gorgeous this is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, it look really gorgeous. But it is disappointing for one who prefers pigmented blush

      Delete
  2. Like Chris, I am very attracted to how pretty this blush looks but what a pity! I hate it when something isn't worth the price I paid. I am totally skipping this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacq, I totally get what you mean. Don't u find guerlain tend to make not so good blushes?

      Delete
  3. I usually don't like 3-in-1 (or anything-in-one for that matter) palettes, so I wouldn't buy this even if the pigmentation were better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I usually go with my mood on whether to use a single shade blush or all-in-1 blush. It's just a pity that a blush so beautiful is not exceeding the expectation in terms of pigmentation.

      Delete
  4. hahahah Ruby..
    I was swatching this blush and kinda feeling the same what what u said about the colors.. Haha I need to write a post about this product soon! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, I can't wait for your review! :)

      Delete
    2. OOO Ruby you got it!!! So sorry to hear you're not too happy with the pigmentation. I had the impression that it'd be too light for me, especially now spring is (hopefully) coming. So bummed that I missed out on Blush G! I hope Guerlain will soon make similar blushes that have better pigmentation!

      Delete
    3. Sunny, u look fairer than me so prob this blush can show up better for you. If you have the chance, try it on and see how you like it.

      I missed out on the 1st Blush G thus I was DETERMINED to get this, haha.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...