Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chanel Les 4 Ombres 39 Raffinement

The first item I picked up from a Spring Collection in 2013 was the Chanel Les 4 Ombres 39 Raffinement. From the swatches I saw on the beauty blogsphere, I was so sure that I will end up with this palette and it was indeed love at first swatch.

There is no doubt that I love neutral shades. Neutral shades are just so versatile for daily use and I normally prefer to look understated at work. The people in my office are totally under-dressed most of the time so I tend to prefer not to bring too much attention to myself.


Raffinement is a palette with lovely warm neutral shades, 3 of which are shimmery and 1 is matte.
Although I would not say that its texture is the best, application is not difficult (with eyeshadow brush) and I also did not experience any fallouts. The colours came out natural, smooth and blendable. The matte brown shade makes a wonderful wonderful eyeliner colour, I have tried laying it over my HG eyeliner Chanel Stylo Yeux in espresso and it lasts me all day (coupled with Too Faced eyeshadow primer).

For neutral shade lovers, I say this is a must-have. For me, as long as it is neutral and Chanel, I GOT TO HAVE IT. :)

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh Raffinement! Keep thinking I have to take a look at this, but keep getting distracted! I bet the shades look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, thanks for the compliment. You should check this palette out if you have a chance.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely neutral palette Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, if I don't get my hands on some Chanel cosmetics, I might go crazy! haha great review of this palette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xlovehappyx, you should really check out Chanel cosmetics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually really tempted to get this because of the gorgeous colors, but I promised myself not to buy any Chanel Quad in baked version :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, I think we should start collating our wish list and purchase over Saks or Nordstrom. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...