Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Burberry Velvet Foundation Trench 205

Time flies and it's the month of November already....... gosh, how did time flies so fast? Further to the Burberry Autumn Luxe workshop which I attended last month with Jacq, today I am finally posting my review of Burberry Velvet Foundation.

Just as the word 'velvet' that is part of the name of this foundation, Burberry Velvet Foundation is an oil-free foundation that provides long-lasting coverage. Unlike Burberry Sheer Foundation which is housed in a clear glass bottle, Velvet Foundation is housed in a frosted glass bottle with the iconic checks.

I am matched to Trench No. 205, which is a pink-based shade and it looks pretty natural on my face.


The texture is easily blendable by finger or brush but somehow it seems easier to blend using a paddle brush than a dense brush like Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush. In the workshop, we were told that we can massage the foundation with their best seller, Sheer Glow before applying it on our face. With this method, not only is it fuss-free but it gives me a 'my skin but better' look. I think this is perfect when you want to look totally natural and glowy.

Burberry Velvet foundation has very light rose scent which comes from the wild rose extract that is present in the foundation to provide hydration to your skin and at the same time long lasting coverage. I have no issue with this scent as it is lighter than Sheer Foundation whereby the scent is sooo much stronger and totally puts me off.

When applied on my face, Burberry Velvet foundation feels light and non sticky which is absolutely wonderful. Certain foundations which claim to last long on our skin tend to make my skin surface feels tight and uncomfortable due to the oil controlling properties. But I do not have this problem with this foundation. Even then, the foundation still last me pretty well whereby I only need to blot with a tissue paper after 6 hours.

With all the above plus points of this foundation, there only seems to have 1 problem. It does breaks me out a bit. I have combination skin which is prone to break outs, especially when I am using a product that is not suitable for me. In my first week of daily usage, I experience quite a fair bit of breakouts. I thought it could be attributed by my long hours at work or insufficient rest but interestingly the breakout subsided in the second week when I stopped using it coupled with intensive acne treatment. After which, I started using this foundation again after 2 weeks later SPARINGLY (once every 2-3 days) and I don't experience that same level of breakout anymore, just a bit of whiteheads here and there.

For ladies with sensitive skin, you might want to consider getting a sample first before committing to a bottle, just to play safe. Nonetheless, I still think Burberry Velvet foundation is a good foundation with decent lasting power, just that I don't think it will fall into my category of HG.

4 comments:

  1. Aw... babe I'm so sorry to hear that this breaks you out, what a big bummer! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sucks, Jacq because i really like the texture. :(

      Delete
  2. Oops, I'm so sorry this hear this breaks you out! Skin has a mind of its own, doesn't it? You can love something with all your heart, but if your skin doesn't it'll give you a hard time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...