Monday, July 30, 2012

My new love: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 33 La Distinguee

If you were to ask me if I am a lipstick or gloss person, it will definitely be lipstick. I used to love MAC glosses but the stickiness of the gloss was just too much for me to bear, especially when the wind blows and I have a bunch of hair stuck to my lips, no thanks to MAC. Given my natural darker lip colour (where SAs sometimes mistaken me of applying lip colour on my lips when I didn't), I specially think glosses will just look plain glossy on me and that's that. With lipsticks, the colour will tend to be more obvious.

I have tonnes of lipsticks, to be honest. But still I couldn't resist buying more because there is always new formula, new finish, new shades, new collections!! Totally spoilt for choice! I have hoard enough lipsticks to worry that they will turn bad before I can finish using them, but again, who cares? I am STILL buying more, haha.

My latest love has got to be Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet. Not only is the casing classy, the formula is amazing. Even though it is a matte finish, it's not drying and feels smooth and moisturising on your lips. For ladies with dry lips, you might want to apply a thin layer of lip balm before applying the lipstick, just to play safe. I personally got dry lips and is a lazy bum when it comes to applying lip balm, but Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet still goes on fine on my lips.

I scored 33 La Distinguee last weekend when I met up with Juju. This shade was strongly recommended by her!

 
La Distinguee is lovely beige peachy pink shade which is a very versatile shade to wear. Even though I had natural dark lips, this shade doesn't wash me out and instead gives me a nice warm neutral tone on my lips.


It lasted a good 4 hours through breakfast and by lunch time it is gone. Personally, this is a very reasonable staying power coming from a matte lipstick.

Have you checked out Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet range yet? You should if you haven't.

10 comments:

  1. Nice! I gave up using up my lipstick collection a long long time ago. One can never have too many lipstick ;> It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend kept asking me how many lips and eyes I have since I will not be able to complete most of them, lol. I told her 'WRONG QUESTION!'

      Delete
  2. I have this one. I am not sure why I bought this because this is not really my shade but I like it. I agree with you that we need to apply lipbalm first, dry lip will become more obvious if we use matte lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shade works quite well on most ladies, yah?

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that you loved my recommendation =)
    It really did last quite well right? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty color! I don't normally wear lipstick, but I would if I had this color :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a gloss person? You have to give this shade a try. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm more of a lipstick girl as well, though I do appreciate good glosses from time to time. I haven't tried these yet. The only Chanel lipstick I own at the moment is Rouge Coco Mademoiselle. I should look into these soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny,

      Mademoiselle is a beautiful shade. tell me if you like these after you have tried them out :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...