Friday, February 17, 2012

Completed: Lancome Hydra Zen Neocalm Fluid Cream

I have completed another skincare product, yeah! And this time round, I finally completed Lancome Hydra Zen Neocalm Fluid Cream after almost 1 year (oppsss, damn long right? Haha).
Credit: Lancome

Extracted from Lancome website:-
This ultra-light fluid cream gently soothes and moisturises the skin, leaving it soft, smooth and radiant.

HYDRA ZEN NEUROCALM™ features a unique technology to provide intense, immediate and continuous moisturisation and soothe sensitive skin. 

What attracted me to consider trying this product previously was it claims to be able to moisturise and sooth sensitive skin. I have combination skin which is sensitive at times and there was a period of time whereby my skin is sensitive (with red patches) and the skin surface always feel tight and uncomfortable.
As you can see from the picture above, Lancome Hydra Zen Neocalm Fluid Cream is almost like a cream form but it is actually a very light and milky lotion, thus making it suitable for combination skin. After gently massaging into the skin, it seems to leave a light sheen on the surface but give it about 10 seconds, it will be fully absorbed into the skin. In addition, it has a light, relaxing fragrance that makes one feel relaxed after applying this.

It did not really help in soothing my sensitive skin but after applying it daily twice a day for about 2 weeks, my skin does not feel as dry as before. However, after the problem of my dry and tight surface is solved, I noticed that it is not as suitable for me to apply it during daytime whereby the weather in Singapore is hot and humid, I felt that my skin is over-moisturised and started to get oily. Thus, I only use it during night time when we need more moisture (explaining why I took 1 year to finish it, lol).

In my honest opinion, I think it will make a good night moisturiser for combination skin that is prone to oiliness and given Singapore's weather, it will make a better day moisturiser for one with normal skin than combination skin. Would I buy it again? I don't think so (in the short term) as there are other moisturisers in the market that can provide sufficient moisturiser to combination skin like what Lancome Hydra Zen Neocalm Fluid Cream claim to do. In fact, I would prefer the texture of Clinique Moisture Surge Extra over this, since it is lighter and more refreshing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...