Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Understanding your cologne

After getting my first Jo Malone last week, I started getting curious with their fragrances and was seeing their products online. I saw the terms "top notes", "heart notes" and "base notes". Sounds like some musically stuffs to me which I have completely no idea what they are trying to say.

So I decided to do a Google of it and thanks to NMdaily, I finally understand this fragrance language.

According to the site:-
Top notes: The first impression of a fragrance, which generally last for half an hour.

Heart notes: The scent of a fragrance that emerges just prior to when the top notes dissipate in approximately four to five hours.

Base note: The longest lasting note, which appears close to the departure of the middle notes. The base and middle notes together are the main theme of a fragrance. Base notes bring depth and solidity to a scent.


After reading this, I finally understands why my perfume doesn't smells the same after a few hours, it's due to the different notes. Of course, our body chemistry plays a part as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...