Monday, August 1, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Finale, finally!)

The Harry Potter saga in my opinion has really been over-stretched. To the extent when I was reading the final book, I felt the storyline was getting a little bit over done and the ending sloppy. This is the reason why I have not been bugging BC to watch the finale of the saga, it was just not exciting anymore and was more of a commercial gimmick because some one signed a contract to write 7 books.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed this movie. In fact, the director captured a few scenes very well. So well that I was very touched by it and I know the lady sitting in front of me was also super touched because she was crying buckets and blowing her nose! I know there have been a lot of mixed comments about this show but I am definitely in the 'I ENJOY IT' camp.

Honestly, the last scene of the movie was crap because it was supposed to be 19 years later where they are all adults, married with kids. The only guy who really looked like a father was Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter and his pals all look so wrong because they only looked a few years older than their supposedly children. This scene could seriously be done better with actors or actresses of the real age.

I am someone who prefer to read the book first before watching the movie. Some told me I will lost the true anticipation of watching a show by reading the book before watching the show but to me, it made me understand the show better as I know why certain things happens (because the details were in the book but not shown in the show).

This show might not be a must watch but for those who have been watching Harry Potter, it would make sense to watch it and end this sage, don't you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...