Saturday, June 4, 2011

X-Men First Class

You guys should know by now that I am a fan of super hero films, and I am especially especially a fan of X-Men. Just to let you in in a small fact of yours truly.... I was actually a collector of X-Men comics in my secondary school days. I still remember I will save my pocket money to get the X-Men comics from this comics shop in Bras Basah Complex (I am not sure if this shop is still around) and I love my comics to bits then. They will always be in plastic wrap with a cardboard backing to maintain it in optimal condition. But I sold them away during my uni days when we shifted to a smaller place and I still remember it was quite a hard decision for me then.

Sorry for digressing and back to the main topic of this posting which is the movie, X-Men First Class. Both me and BC agreed that this is an EXCELLENT movie. It showed how Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Erik Lensherr (Magneto) became friends and eventually enemies and how Charles Xavier lost the use of his legs. You can expect excellent graphics and guest appearances from some of our familiar X-Men characters so be WOW by it!!! Go catch it, this is definitely money well-spent!


On a side note, movie tickets in Singapore is getting ridiculous!!! Weekend tickets at GV cost $11 each!!!! Good thing they had tie up with various banks whereby you get to get the tickets at a discounted price (we paid $8.50 per ticket by using POSB card to make the payment), and the disadvantage is that if we book our tickets online, we will not be able to enjoy this discount. The only way to enjoy tickets at discounted rate and still have the advantage of pre booking the tickets is when you purchase the HSBC movie card with a HSBC credit card. With the HSBC movie card, not only can you book tickets online at GV website, the price per ticket is only $7.50!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...