Monday, May 16, 2011

Shaolin (movie)

My sister had been raving to me so much on the movie 'Shaolin' starring Andy Lau and Nicholas Tse but I was hesitant to watch it on the big screem given the riduclously high price of movie tickets nowadays, thus I only watched this show recently in the comfort of my humble lodge.


After watching this show, I summarise the 3 points that the movie want to bring across to the viewers are:-
1) Humans should be not too greedy
2) Retribution does happen to bad people. May not be to them but to their loved ones.
3) The most powerful gift you can give someone is forgiveness.

I totally agree that sometimes one should not be too greedy and I always believe some things you are meant to have or meant to be. There have been a few situations whereby I experienced that I am just not fated to have a certain item that no matter how hard to try to get it, it will just not be mine. As years go by, I have understood that this is God's way in telling me 'Save your $$$', haha. To me, as long as your greed not harm any other people as a result of it, I do not think it is an issue.

I believe in retribution. Sometimes I ask God why is it that some a**h*l** can do all they want at the expense of others and still go away scot free. At the point, I just feel life is so unfair and to this day, I still think life is never fair. However, God does have a way of punishing them, through retribution. It may not happen to them and can also happen onto their loved ones. Sorry if I sound like a bitch but I always rejoice when I know retribution happen to people who has done harm to me. This is because my philosophy in life is "Never do to others what you do not want others to do unto you", so if someone does something bad towards me, anything that happens to them is what they deserve, period.

Which brings me to the next point of forgiveness. It is hard to forgive someone who has done wrong to you. All the emotions of anguish and anger in the heart reminding you of what this person has done is just so strong and refusing to go off. There was once the priest in my parish was giving a homily during a Sunday mass and he said forgiveness is never easy because it takes a lot of LOVE to forgive someone who has done wrong to you. I truly agree with this statement because our heart can either contain love or hate. If you heart is full of hate, how do you think love can enter?

For a HK movie (which we have stereotyped as cheap production), I would say this movie is rated a 4/5. A well done movie with a group of good casts, excellent storyline and lingering food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...