Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Based on my limited makeup knowledge, it seems that the highlight of last quarter of 2010 is the launch of Naked Palette by Urban Decay. If you are a makeup fanatic, you know this is the DIE DIE MUST HAVE eyeshadow palette of the year. From some forums that I have been following, there were some ladies who were very disappointed to not be able to get their hands on this beauty. However, I was lucky to have my makeup junkie pal who managed to snag this for me when it was available at Sephora. It has been sitting in my drawer for months before I finally break into it and start using it. The colours are so pigmented and neutral that you can be assured to be able to create multiple looks for different events (work, party, casual, formal etc etc). This is definitely my favourite palette!!! I will reach for this palette like 3 days out of 5 working days???

Not only are the colours gorgeous, the texture is fine and pigmented. The lasting power is amazing....... Using any other drugstore eyeshadows coupled with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, the most the eyeshadow can last on my oily lids is maximum 8 hours. However, Urban Decay's intense pigment coupled with the same Too Faced Shadow Insurance last a good 12 - 13 hours!!! And this is taking into account that I have oily lids. Don't believe, look at the following pic which I took 13 hours after application (sorry for the disgusting shine on my face since it is end of day).

I used Sin on the inner corner till 2/3 of the crease, Toasted on the outer corner and Darkhorse to create outer V and BLEND. Eyeliner used is Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-lasting Eyeliner in Espresso.

I have not seen this palette available in Singapore Sephora after all of it has been grabbed and bought by the many many ladies out there but I did see postings on forum whereby ladies made their purchase online from Sephora USA. However, shipping cost can be quite high so if you are desperate to get your hands on this wonderful, amazing palette, you might want to consider organising a spree to split the shipping cost.

Update: My makeup pal, Queen of Makeup Junkie just informed me that Naked Palette is sighted at Sephora at Great World City!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...