Friday, February 25, 2011

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-lasting Eyeliner

I found my holy grail pencil eyeliner!!!! Many would know that it is almost impossible to find a good pencil eyeliner that is smudgeproof, especially for me with oily lids. My previous love (and now is still my love) is MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil and I thought this was the best being smudgeproof for around 6 - 7 hours without touch up. But this eye pencil exceeds all my expectation at being smudgeproof for 10 hours! Yes, 10 hours!!!

This baby is none other than Chanel (1 of my favourite brand now) Style Yeux Waterproof Long-lasting Eyeliner!

I got my sister to buy from the Bangkok Duty Free (cannot remember the price) in Espresso colour and it is a lovely dark brown shade. I like dark brown or dark grey coloured eyeliner as it is dark enough to be seen and yet not as harsh as jet black liner.

This pencil is very easy to use with its sharp tip which is retractable. With the sharp tip, it is easy to achieve the thin precise line. It even comes with a small cute sharpener attached to the back of the pencil!!! It can be use to sharpen the tip when it becomes blunt.

Check out the sharp tip

Isn't the sharpener cute?

A makeup artist friend of my sister told us, liquid eyeliner lasts the longest, followed by gel eyeliner and pencil eyeliner is the lousiest in terms of lasting power. But this Chanel baby defies the logic and last a good 10 hours from 730am to almost 6pm on my oily lids WITHOUT TOUCHING UP!!! How good is that? Pencil is the easiest to draw thus this is definitely something I would repurchase. Liquid eyeliner is also very good to achieve that precise thin line but certain brands soft sharp tip can be a bit harder to control. In terms of liquid eyeliner, me and my sister swear by K-Palette, really really lasting and waterproof.

For the past 2 days, I have been using Maybelline Gel eyeliner but it doesn't last very well. After 4 hours of application, I start to see slight smudges at the outer corner of my eyes. I have heard raves about Bobbi Brown (another favourite brand of mine) Gel eyeliner and I am so going to try it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...