Friday, January 2, 2009

Never felt so guilty in my life before........ because of me, Eden has lost about 1 cm of her tail...... It's all my fault!

I was carrying Eden out of my room this morning and I did not see that her tail was at the door when I close it. Before I knew it, Eden let out a loud scream and ran off. For a while, I still did not know what was wrong. Then when i went to the kitchen, I got a shock of my life when I see alot of blood on the floor and wall, that' s when I realise what I had done. Totally don't know what to do so we had to send her to the vet.

When we reached, I thought maybe just a cut and perhaps some antiseptic cream and oral medication should be fine. Then the vet said that Eden's bone is exposed and the only way to make her heal properly is to amputate a portion of it so that they can pull the skin to cover the wound and let it heal properly. When I heard it, I was shocked and guilty at the same time. If not for me, Eden will be happily jumping around at home and need not go through this ordeal. The vet assured us that she will only amputate a very little portion of her tail and her long and fluffy tail will still be long and fluffy without any visible scars since it will covered by her long fur. I was crying in the clinic and kept apologizing to BC but he was very consoling and comforting and told me it's not any of our fault since this is a pure accident......

I really must be more careful in future..... for the better of them and for my pocket......

PS: The quote for the amputation cost $300....... -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...